Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thesis defense: Passed

Hey Folks,
Sorry for the unannounced month-long delay; I have had zero time to contribute to the blog because I've been busy trying to finish my master's thesis, which I successfully defended a week ago today. I've been consumed with edits and other last minute work over the last week, and still have a bit of thesis writing left for this iteration.
I'm nearing the end of the master's degree journey and all that crap; my folks are flying up here for my graduation on Friday.

Once I have my next draft in, I'll be writing up an actualistic taphonomy article on "What's currently happening to Osama Bin Laden's corpse?" In addition to its humorous objectives, it really will be an exercise in deep-sea taphonomy.

6 comments:

Garry Hayes said...

Congratulations! I still remember 25 years later the intensity of those last few weeks. Best wishes on your future travels.

J. Velez-Juarbe said...

Awesome! Congratulations!!

Danmark said...

Thank you for this blog. That all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something that eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases. Great stuff again, thanks you for this blog.

Doug said...

Great job man!

And while it does sound humorous, i think it will be interesting to see how deep sea critters deal with a human carcass (since we have only, to my meager knowledge, seen them processing a whale carcass).

Shipping Jobs said...

I had my thesis defense. I had to deliver a seminar to the department at large, then take questions. Then I had to sit before my committee and take questions.

Alton Dooley said...

Congratulations, Bobby! I've been busy with the SeAVP meeting and only just got a chance to check out your blog today.